Thursday, October 30, 2014

Cheat and Easy Crawfish Etoufee!

I grew up with a mama who was busy being mom of the year with carpool, mom's club, field trips, maintaining her house well, making sure we had a home cooked dinner every night, and basically running every errand on earth!  I remember as a kind eating her amazing crawfish etoufee and thinking...wow my mom is better than yours because she is from Jennings, LA and makes crawfish stuff! It wasn't until I was much older that I realized it was a cheat version, and if it is taste that good then who cares right?!!

So, I recently this dish twice to which two of my friends replied, 'I don't make that anymore because I just don't have time to make that roux'! I hesitated because part of me thought, do I give away my secret and let them know I cheat, and the more dominant side of me felt if I didn't tell I'm a lame friend! If you know me, you know I love MY FRIENDS and if I can help make their life easier, I do it. So here it is....enjoy!



 Ingredients:

  • 1 bag of crawfish tails
  • 2 cans of low fat cream of mushroom soup or 1 jar of Classico Creamy Alfredo
  • ½ cup chopped celery very fine
  • 1 cup chopped onion
  • 1 cup chopped bell pepper
  • 2 tablespoons of minced garlic or fresh pressed garlic
  • 1/4 cup of chopped parsley
  • 1 teaspoon of black pepper
  • 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
  • 1 teaspoon of Tony's Seasoning
  • 1 cup of water 
  • 1 cup of skim milk
  • Optional: 1-2 tablespoons of tomato paste

Directions: 

Sautee the vegetables until they are very soft. Add minced garlic and simmer another 5 minutes with the vegetables. Add in the crawfish tails, water, and soup or Alfredo and mix well with a whisk. Cover and cook on low heat for 45 minutes. Serve over rice.

* Can sub Shrimp if not a crawfish fan!



Cover and cook on low heat for 45 minutes. Serve over rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment