Monday, January 26, 2015

It's so EASSSYYYY like Sunday Mornin' #traderjoes

This is another recipe so easy I must share! I love trying out different meats at Trader Joe's. For the most part, 99.9% have been great!

I got this roast the other day when I knew I had plans that evening and I wanted to fix dinner for Ryan and my dad who would be babysitting that night! So I grabbed two baked potatoes and this Cabernet Pot Roast! I was taking my chances because I had a feeling it would be great!

Now what else is better than an already prepared marinated beef? One that cooks well in the crock pot! So...I threw this in the crock pot with about 1/2 cup of beef broth on the bottom, and I turned it on high for 4 hours. When I came back it was extremely tender and almost perfect. It was about medium.

I turned the crock pot from high to warm, took out the roast, sliced it up and placed the slices back in the gravy, which actually cooked it from pink to about a medium-well (so don't place the meat back in if you don't want it to cook anymore).

The bake potatoes were so easy to prepare ahead of time too and leave wrapped in foil!

This is a perfect dish to make for dad when mom can't be home to make dinner! The guys were pleasantly surprised and happy!

* If you don't have a Trader Joe's you can use a regular pot roast and season it. Be sure to add in the beef broth for the au jus for the potatoes!


No comments:

Post a Comment